When I first got my call, a friend of mine told me that I would have some pretty crazy dreams when I got to the MTC.
I can tell you now that he's right. It seems like every night, my
dreams have been all over the place. Tron, the force, Kingdom Hearts,
and that's just Monday morning! I've started a bit of a dream journal
where I've recorded some of the more remarkable ones.
Dreams
aside, it's been a pretty cool week. On Saturday, we taught our first
investigator, Kim Yong Joon (actually, he taught at the MTC, but for all
intent and purpose, he was investigating the church). Thankfully, Elder
Han could understand what he said far better than I did. As the next
week went on, we continued to teach him and my Korean got a bit better.
I'm actually starting to be able to read, so that's a major leap
forward. We asked him if he would commit to being baptized on Tuesday,
and after a moment of deliberation, he agreed! I know that he's a member
already, but it still felt good to know that we had helped someone come
closer to Christ (I mean, that's our purpose according to "Preach My
Gospel")
On
Sunday, we had a devotional. The speaker basically told some stories
about Joseph Smith from the perspective of his secratary, Willard
Richards. It was a pretty amazing experience and immediately after it
ended, the Organist played this simply epic arrangement of "Praise to
the Man". You could definitely feel the spirit testifying of the
truthfulness of Joseph Smith's calling as a prophet of God.
We
had another devotional on Tuesday. I was in the choir, so we got to be
in the actual room where it was happening, instead of the overflow areas
around campus. The devotional was about how the LDS Church is the only
church on earth to follow the "Blueprint" given by Christ in the New
Testament. It is the only church to have all of the correct ordinances,
officers, organization, authority, and spiritual and temporal results
(or "fruits", as they are called) that are given in the New Testament.
The speaker compared it to how houses have unique blueprints that, while
sharing some similarities to other houses, are ultimately
one-of-a-kind. Just the same, other churches may have a great deal of
truth, but will always be different from Christ's Church unless they use
His blueprint completely.
I've
had some pretty cool experiences at the MTC, but I've had some pretty
weird ones too. Thursday at breakfast, I was trying to crack open a
hardboiled egg only to find out it wasn't done when it exploded all over
my suit. Thankfully, the MTC has a dry cleaner.
Today,
we get to go to the temple again, so that's always a plus. It's been a
long week, and being there will really help me out.
Thanks again everyone, I really appreciate your support!
No comments:
Post a Comment