This transfer has gone by so fast, and I'm looking forward to making the next one great! I'm still here in UNSW with Elder Wong, and it's a great place to be.
Miracles have come from the mission-wide fast already. We've had a tough time helping our investigators to come to sacrament meeting, but last sunday, two of them came. They made friends quickly and had a good experience with church. Both of them told me that they really liked the people, even if they couldn't understand everything that we talked about. I know that they could feel the Spirit there. I know that this is just a start however, and that even greater things will happen as a result of last Sunday's fast and our continued diligence. We've been having a lot of really cool experiences already, and I know there will be plenty more to come.
One of the recent converts in our area has lost some of his family members recently. As a result, he's been in China for the last few weeks. He's returned now, so we had a visit with him this week. We talked about relying on the Lord in tough times. As we taught, I could really feel a Christ-like love for him and wanted to "comfort those who stand in need of comfort, mourn with those who mourn". I know that those feelings to do good come from God, and that the lesson we taught was of small importance compared to the spirit each of us was able to feel in that lesson. I know that as we rely on the Lord, he will strengthen us in our trials.
I've been trying to figure out what it is that could be slowing the work down in our area as well as what I can do personally to change it for the better. I've been really working on my finding skills recently, and I have seen growth there, but I know that there could be so much more. As such, one of the goals that I have for myself this transfer is to become a more Christ-like "forever finder". I also have a goal to use the scriptures more in lessons as well as frequently bearing my testimony. I heard a talk from David A Bednar last week which talked about "getting out of the way and letting the Spirit do the real teaching." That's what I'm working on doing. The Holy Ghost is really the teacher at the end of the day, and I need to focus on bringing Him into the lesson.
I'd like to start something on this blog. Over the next year, I will be reading The Book of Mormon from cover to cover. I'd like to invite everyone to follow along. Basically, I'll post this week's "assignment" as well as what I learned from the previous week's "assignment". I promise that whether you've read the book a hundred times, or if you've never read it at all, you will see just how amazing this book is. I know that it's true, and that each person who reads this book, member of the church or not, will see greater happiness in their life as a result from reading it. If you've never read it before, I would particularly invite you to see for yourself why people consider this book so important. Get a copy, either paper, digital, audio, etc... , and get ready for the experience of a lifetime.
Miracles have come from the mission-wide fast already. We've had a tough time helping our investigators to come to sacrament meeting, but last sunday, two of them came. They made friends quickly and had a good experience with church. Both of them told me that they really liked the people, even if they couldn't understand everything that we talked about. I know that they could feel the Spirit there. I know that this is just a start however, and that even greater things will happen as a result of last Sunday's fast and our continued diligence. We've been having a lot of really cool experiences already, and I know there will be plenty more to come.
One of the recent converts in our area has lost some of his family members recently. As a result, he's been in China for the last few weeks. He's returned now, so we had a visit with him this week. We talked about relying on the Lord in tough times. As we taught, I could really feel a Christ-like love for him and wanted to "comfort those who stand in need of comfort, mourn with those who mourn". I know that those feelings to do good come from God, and that the lesson we taught was of small importance compared to the spirit each of us was able to feel in that lesson. I know that as we rely on the Lord, he will strengthen us in our trials.
I've been trying to figure out what it is that could be slowing the work down in our area as well as what I can do personally to change it for the better. I've been really working on my finding skills recently, and I have seen growth there, but I know that there could be so much more. As such, one of the goals that I have for myself this transfer is to become a more Christ-like "forever finder". I also have a goal to use the scriptures more in lessons as well as frequently bearing my testimony. I heard a talk from David A Bednar last week which talked about "getting out of the way and letting the Spirit do the real teaching." That's what I'm working on doing. The Holy Ghost is really the teacher at the end of the day, and I need to focus on bringing Him into the lesson.
I'd like to start something on this blog. Over the next year, I will be reading The Book of Mormon from cover to cover. I'd like to invite everyone to follow along. Basically, I'll post this week's "assignment" as well as what I learned from the previous week's "assignment". I promise that whether you've read the book a hundred times, or if you've never read it at all, you will see just how amazing this book is. I know that it's true, and that each person who reads this book, member of the church or not, will see greater happiness in their life as a result from reading it. If you've never read it before, I would particularly invite you to see for yourself why people consider this book so important. Get a copy, either paper, digital, audio, etc... , and get ready for the experience of a lifetime.
This week, we'll start at the very beginning. From the title page to the beginning of 1 Nephi. These first few introductory pages explain a bit about the Book, it's purpose, and it's history.
Good Luck, and much love!
Elder Clark
Great idea!
ReplyDelete