Monday, November 4, 2013

Week 23 - Two Witnesses

This week, I've been working on talking to everyone. With a lot of prayer and work, it's become so much more natural to share the gospel with everyone I talk to. I know that God has granted me the abilities to make friends and share the gospel with them in a matter of moments. Who would have thought that someone like me would have ever been able to develop abilities like that? I know that the Lord not only has His hand in the work, but in His workers as well.

This week has shown me the power of scriptures in lessons. We've been talking to the members about the people in Lehi's dream and comparing it to the different types of ground in the Parable of the Sower. Seeing how the two scriptures expound and explain each other has been a huge testimony to me of "the Power of the Word". I can see why Jesus taught us to "search the scriptures, for in them ye think ye have eternal life".

Facebook as a missionary tool presents a lot of very unique opportunities. We don't have it yet, but I'm looking forward to seeing how it is implemented. I know it would be a big help, especially in an area like UNSW where everyone has a facebook that they actively use. Sometimes, people that we find on the street express interest in what we teach, and ask if they could add us on facebook. From personal experience as a student, I know that I would be much more likely to answer a facebook message while I was studying than I would a phone call. Plus, it's great to be able to find people through "mutual friends". Finding people that way creates an immediate friendship with the mutual friend through whom the person was found.

I hope everyone enjoyed 1 Nephi 11-15, and I hope you learned as much from it as much as I did. In those chapters, you can learn a lot about the events of the book, as well as the events leading up to it's translation. That's something that I've always found cool. Once you've finished the book, go over these chapters again and see what you can recognize.

This week, we'll be reading 1 Nephi 16-20. Good luck!

I'm loving Australia, and I know God has called me here for a reason.

Love,
Elder Clark

No comments:

Post a Comment