Monday, September 9, 2013

Week 15 - Lots to Learn

It's been a big week for me growing as a missionary. From Zone Conference to companion exchanges, I've learned a lot of new things this week, and I know that it will help the Lord's work to progress.

There has been some amazing experiences with the investigators Elder Wong and I are teaching. Since very few of them have any religious background, we've been teaching them to pray and to ask God about the questions they have. As we've followed up, our investigators have told us about the peace and strength that they've felt, and I know that it's because God has answered their prayers. It makes me feel so validated to know that they've applied what they've learned and seen the amazing results that naturally come when they do. It's helped me to see that God will answer any sincere prayer with love, and I know that that will help me to have a stronger testimony of the power of prayer. One of our investigators, Jack, talked with us about how he had missed a train and wasn't sure how to get home. He decided to pray, and within minutes, he had his plan to return home figured out. I know that God answered his prayer, and that gives me great hope for all of the people we meet with.

We had a Zone Conference last week, and I really learned a lot about being a missionary, not just doing missionary things. The stake president, President Hamilton, made a statement that really stuck with me: "I asked, He answered, that settled it". It has become something I've tried to live by this week. I've seen so much success come from applying that principle to all of my missionary efforts, and I know that it will continue to be a motto by which I work, even after my time here in Australia passes. I've applied it in my teaching as well, and I've seen the spiritual growth of the people I've worked with increase dramatically as they've responded to the answers to their prayers and come closer to Christ. It's really the Lord's work that happening here.

As a result of a recent stake conference, the missionaries of the Baulkham Hills zone of the mission have set a goal of teaching 40 lessons in a week.  When I first heard about it, I was pretty surprised. It's definitely a very lofty goal, one that will take a lot of work on the part of both the members and the missionaries involved, but I know that the Lord will grant them according to their desires and faithfulness. I think that reaching goals like that will help the members and the missionaries see just how much the Lord has his hand in this work.


Last Friday, I had an exchange with Elder Chin Ah You from Tahiti. As a result, I went to work as a "ward elder" for a day. I got to do a ton of driving, and I was surprised how fast I picked up driving on the left hand side of the road. That's an awesome miracle in itself! We went to visit a lot the ward's less active members, and although none of them responded to us, we still had a great time trying to help them come closer to Christ. It's been great to see how missionary work happens in different areas, and the lessons I've learned there will definitely help this area to grow.
 
It's been an amazing week, and I look forward to the great things that next week hold! Thanks for all your support!

Love,
Elder Clark

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for these posts. I look forward to them all week.

    ReplyDelete