What a wonderful conference weekend! Not only were the talks inspirational, but the Summer Hill Ward missionary work is doing really well. We were blessed to have two of our less-active members who we've been working with make it to a session each. From the follow-up we've done since, it sounds like the session really hit one of them, and he now has a goal to get his life turned around. We were expecting miracles, but this was more than we had anticipated. We had actually set a goal with him earlier in the week to prepare to receive the priesthood next month, and this could be a great start to his working towards that. There's a lot of power in the word of God, and when it's delivered by the inspired leaders of His church, it can be a great force for change.
Another great aspect of conference weekend was the wisdom and instruction we were able to receive from the speakers there. Elder Jordan and I were doing our weekly planning last week, and we were trying to figure out why we aren't finding many investigators. We discussed it for a while, looked at Preach My Gospel, and so far, hadn't come up with much that we weren't already trying. We decided to make it a focus of our conference attendance and see what the Lord was trying to tell us. As we attended, one of the themes that kept reoccurring was the theme of diligence, faith, and realizing that the Lord will test us to see if we can be trusted to do His will even when blessings aren't so immediate or recognizable. This is a lesson that we will work to apply. Regardless of the end result, we will be Christ-like missionaries and let the Lord do His work according to His plan.
I am so thankful for a God who loves us. Sometimes, missionary work gets to the point where all I can say is "Okay Heavenly Father, I'm going to talk to this person. If it is Thy will, please let me say something that will build this person's faith. I realize that nothing I can do by myself can (or should for that matter,) convert anyone, so I'm just going to try and let them feel Thy love, and if that isn't enough for them to want to know more about the Gospel, at least let them feel that they don't have to be alone forever in life." And every time, God will give me something to say. It may not be something that changes their whole life right then and there, but I know that my open mouth is filled when I have a desire to bring God's children to Him again. I love that God has given me so much and that I get to give that to others. Of course, not everyone I give God's love to chooses to accept it, but all that God asks is that I give what I have so freely received.
I hope that you've taken the invitation to read preach my gospel. I know that it is the words of inspired men, and therefore, the word of God. Chapter one is great isn't it? There's so much that I can see applies to every calling in this church, especially ones that involve teaching the gospel.
This week, we'll read chapter 2. This chapter has helped me see the scriptures in a new light, and I know that if you can apply these principles, you will too.
Love,
Elder Clark
![]() |
| Elder Kato from my mission, returns home to Japan and meets my friend Elder Hadlock who is serving a mission in Japan. How cool is that?!!!! |

No comments:
Post a Comment